top of page

How do you find a sport psychologist?

I always think this is an interesting question. If I was a member of the public and I wanted to find a consultant where would I go? For medical conditions the process is relatively straightforward. You go and see you doctor (GP in the UK) and if you then need specialist support they refer you on to the relevant expert consultant.

The process is relatively similar for mental health issues. The doctor will refer you on to a service or to individual practitioners who have been vetted to provide expert support. So, in relation to general physical or psychological conditions the public have a clear starting point from which information about any specialist treatments is communicated.


• Use an internet search engine; • Use an online consultant finder; • Try the local University; • Contact the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport; • Check the local business telephone directory.


#consultancy #psychologist #sportpsychology #sportsperformance #referral #sport #practitionerpsychologist #Doctors

2 views0 comments
Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page